I find such thing very interesting as it is a phenomena that simply does not exist for languages that do not use kanji or similar writing systems. Is there a way to call such pairs of words? For example:

会社 / 社会

海外 / 外海

旅行 / 行旅

貸借 / 借貸


  • 1
    japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/48910/… may contain helpful information. – JACK Aug 28 '19 at 17:22
  • Thank you @JACK, it's funny because the answer you posted is an actual answer of my question, but not of your original one... lol. – jarmanso7 Aug 28 '19 at 17:53
  • I provide helpful information but am not yet proficient enough to provide detailed answers! – JACK Aug 28 '19 at 17:56
  • hat's not my fault... JACK added identical almost one year later, which made my answer look pretty out-of-place :D Perhaps we can revert his edit and mark this question as the duplicate of the linked question. – naruto Aug 29 '19 at 10:22
  • I see! let's mark this question as duplicated. – jarmanso7 Aug 29 '19 at 10:53

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.