Is this right:

たくさん[人参]{にんじん}を[食]{た}べると、きれいなります。

Was に used correctly?

The example sentence I saw was:

たくさんピザを食べると、おおきくなりますが、いつもスポーツをすることが好きです。

Thank you!

closed as off-topic by BJCUAI, broccoli forest, istrasci, user3856370, Flaw Sep 4 at 1:15

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – BJCUAI, Flaw
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I don't quite understand your question. Is the first and second examples related? The former uses a na-adjective, the latter an i-adjective. Moreover, the latter doesn't look like a meaningful sentence. – broccoli forest Aug 26 at 6:43
  • Does this post help? : japanese.stackexchange.com/a/62801/9831 – Chocolate Aug 26 at 15:02
  • The second example makes no sense. Is pizza so nutritious? – Yamacure Aug 26 at 15:30
  • The OP should post a tentative meaning so we can help. I welcome Lilly to the community! – JACK Aug 26 at 19:31
    たくさんピザを食べると太る (big)、でもスポーツするし大丈夫、みたいなことを言いたいんですかね‥ – Chocolate Aug 27 at 1:55

I believe you are wondering if the use of に in the first sentence is correct because the second sentence is not using に in a sentence that seems similar to the first one.

First of all, these two sentences are both correct. Only the difference is that the first one is written in hiragana only, and the second one is written with some kanji.

たくさん[人参]{にんじん}を[食]{た}べると、きれいになります

Now, let's look at the second sentence (Forget the last part of this sentence because it's not related in this case)

たくさんピザを食べると、おおきくなります (correct)

The reason why you don't say

おおきい に なります (wrong)

in this case is because おおきい is an i-adjective.

Here's the rules for become:

If it becomes i-adjective (おおきい、ちいさい、ながい、etc), replace the last with

Examples:

おおきく なります

ちいさく なります

If it becomes na-adjective (きれい、しずか、べんり、etc), just add before なります

Examples:

きれいに なります

しずかに なります

So, the following two sentences are both grammatically correct.

たくさん人参を食べると、きれいになります

たくさんピザを食べると、おおきくなります

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.