Would commemorative coins and notes collectively be known as メモリアル?to indicate a type of memorial? The special money printed and coined in honor of special occasions such as the Olympics and other national events.

• Did you see something specific that would lead you to think that? – BJCUAI Aug 24 at 18:49
  • I asked this question awhile back and never received an answer on what commemorative coins and notes would be. I was thinking there would be a word for this special money. – JACK Aug 24 at 18:54
  • @BJCUAI, japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/69962/… this was my previous question. The same answer would be accepted. – JACK Aug 24 at 19:12
  • @JACK if the question was previously closed, why did you open a new question? When you edit a closed question, it is automatically put up for review to re-open. – ajsmart Aug 26 at 15:42
  • @ajsmart, I was asked to clarify by a friend reviewing the questions. – JACK Aug 26 at 15:59

記念貨幣 would cover both coinage and paper money used for memorializing purposes. As shown on the linked Wikipedia page, 記念紙幣 can be used to specify paper currency.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.