I am reading a manga and I can't understand the sentence [明よせっないスキャットが]. So basically, here's the deal. Some people talking about the music. And one girl said:

それに2曲目の金延幸子! よく知ってたわね~ 金延幸子! 大好きなのよね~ 歌声が神秘的っていうか。圧倒的に「あなたから遠くへ」がスキなのよ。明よせっないスキャットが。

enter image description here

closed as off-topic by Flaw Aug 12 at 0:16

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – Flaw
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Did you copy that correctly? The 明よ part does not make sense. – l'électeur Aug 11 at 18:48
  • Honestly, I'm not sure. I added a picture for more correctly information. – Helena Aug 11 at 20:24

Alright, so it says 「明{あか}せつない」 and not 「明せっない」. The 「つ」 is the regular-size one.

「明せつない」 is a substandard or highly colloquial way of saying 「明るくせつない」, which means "sorrowful in a lighthearted way".

「スキャット」 means "scat singing". In this song, it refers to the all-katakana part:

「パパパル パパプラルラ パパパル パパプルラ」

You can read the whole lyrics here.

That means nothing, mind you. Scat singing is generally nonsense.

圧倒的に「あなたから遠{とお}くへ」がスキなのよ。明るせつないスキャットが。

therefore would mean:

"(Among all of her songs,)「あなたから遠くへ」 is my favorite by a landslide. Just love the light and sorrowful scat part."

@Helena Thanks for introducing this cool song! – l'électeur Aug 11 at 23:59
  • Thank you so much! – Helena Aug 12 at 6:32

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.