i want to make sentence "Japan is famous for its work culture. I want to upgrade myself there". And i got this on google translate "日本は労働文化で有名です。 そこで自分自身をアップグレードしたい。" It is correct? Or can you tell me similliar sentence like this.

closed as off-topic by Darius Jahandarie, Blavius, Dono, broccoli forest, Earthliŋ Aug 11 at 20:13

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – Darius Jahandarie, Blavius, Dono, broccoli forest, Earthliŋ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Upgrade refers to systems. jisho.org/search/upgrade – JACK Aug 10 at 15:23
  • 日本は労働文化で有名です。 <-- ? 意味がよくわかんないです。アップグレード <-- 「グレードアップ」ですかね? – Chocolate Aug 11 at 3:08
  • I mean I want to make the phrase "I want to improve my self in Japan" 自分を高めたい – mita cita Aug 11 at 4:03
    I'm afraid that Google Translate doesn't count as translation effort, that means this question would be marked off-topic: japanese.stackexchange.com/help/on-topic – broccoli forest Aug 11 at 13:00

If by "upgrade" you mean "improve" or "better" oneself, you could use one of the following, instead of アップグレード (which is more used in technological contexts):

自分を高めたい : I want to enhance myself.

or maybe, for something a bit stronger, you could go with:

自分を向上させたい : I want to (cause) improve(ment in) myself.

or perhaps:

自分を成長させたい : I want to (cause) develop(ment in) myself.

Which is best fit use will probably depend on the exact context/nuance of what you are trying to say, but I think any of these will get the meaning across. The most straightforward of these I think is 自分を高めたい.

• Haha yes, improve. Thank you. – mita cita Aug 11 at 3:56

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.