I'm trying to parse (put spaces between each word) the following sentence in the picture attached:

Sentence

I've tried Recognizing the Characters using an app and got this :

好みの潰さで味ゎぅ

I recognize that there are three kanjis here which i'm not sure about. And for the last two characters (wa and u) I don't know if it was supposed to be in the small version like that.

1) Firstly I want to verify that the results of the recognition are correct according to the picture. Please cmiiw

2) Secondly, how does it supposed to be like if the sentence is parsed into separated words in japanese?

3) What is the correct romanized transcription of this sentence?

Regards

Sidenote : i'm a newbie learning japanese. Only 2 or 3 times I've posted here. Definitely Not an expert...not even a beginner..he

closed as off-topic by l'électeur, Chocolate Jul 26 at 3:06

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – l'électeur, Chocolate
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The second kanji doesn't look like 潰 but 農【のう】 which in 農家【のうか】 means farmer, but with a water radical attached. 濃【のう】 is the character you're looking for which has nothing to do with farming or agriculture but is pronounced the same, and means dark in color, thick or concentrated.

It can also be an i-adjective, 濃い【こい】.

Since さ is used right after 濃, which can be used to nominalize adjectives, I think it's 濃さ【こさ】 not 濃【のう】.

の between two nouns - XのY- usually is like "X of Y" or "X's Y" depending on what the context is.

好み could be read このみ, meaning liking or preference, or よしみ meaning friendship, connections, intimacy.

味わう【あじわう】 is a transitive 五段【ごだん】 verb meaning to taste.

can be used in various ways, but one I know of is with or by, or by way of, as in :

バスで来【き】ました。

meaning (I) came by bus.

To summarize,

1) The second kanji is incorrect, but the 2 other kanji are correct. The last two kana characters are a verb suffix and should not be written using the small version.

2) The full sentence in Japanese is:

好【この】みの濃【こ】さで味【あじ】わう。

You wouldn't write Japanese with spaces between each word, that would be unnatural in Japanese.

If you did break the words apart as a learning tool only, it would be :

好【この】み の 濃【こ】さ で 味【あじ】わう

3) The Hepburn romanization would be konomi no kosa de ajiwau.

Anyways, 頑張って【がんばって】 in your quest of learning 日本語【にほんご】!

• Thanks! A wonderfully structured answer, very easy to understand and indeed very helpful.. – Tomsofty33 Jul 26 at 14:42

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.