In Season 2, Episode 3 of Shingeki no Kyojin at 12:30, I encountered this sentence:

その表層は硬化した皮膚で形成されていると考えていい

I understand its meaning literally is: "I think that this surface is constructed by harden skin."

But I searched everywhere and can't find と考えていい used anywhere. What is the meaning of adding ていい? is it a little redundant? Thank you.

I would translate と考えていい as: "You can think of it as...". It's like a shorter form of 〜てもいい.

Your given sentence would be something like:

"You can think of that surface as being molded/formed from hardened skin." 
    The questioned portion is right but wrong parsing. It's [その表層~されている]と考えていい. – broccoli forest Jun 26 '19 at 4:42
    Ah yeah that makes sense. I'll remove that part, thanks. Speaking of which, I tried to look for the aforementioned quote at episode 3 (I assume season 1?) @ 12:30 but was unable to locate it. – ck244 Jun 26 '19 at 7:37
  • sorry for the unclear marking. It is at 12:04, episode 3, season 2. Btw, thank your very much for ur answer! – Đỗ Hùng Jun 26 '19 at 12:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.