I've been reading web novels and found the word "繋ぎ止める"here. https://syosetu.org/novel/47581/34.html. I'm not really sure how に and を can be used here?

君に私を繋ぎ留められてる

Does this mean "I'm being bound/restricted by you" "I'm being bound/restricted to you"? or "I'm restricting you."?

The linked page only has 彼のおかげで繋ぎ留められてる. Is 君に私を繋ぎ留められてる your own sentence? – naruto Jun 24 at 13:23
  • Yeah. I'm always confused when "君に私を" is used so I want to make sure. – Put Me In Smash Jun 24 at 14:04

It seems to be 止, not 留. And you probably mean "私は君に繋ぎ止められてる".

I am not familiar with this verb but I think it has a positive meaning without nuance of restriction. Based on what I found it would either mean 1) fasten something so it stays put (like a boat), or 2) make it so that a relationship hols on, doesn't fall apart.

In your text, I would see it like "I'm getting weak but thanks to him, things(?) are still holding."

• I see. So does "君に私を繋ぎ止められてる" mean something like "I'm keeping you from falling apart." or "You're keeping me from falling apart"? – Put Me In Smash Jun 24 at 12:49
  • I don't think your sentence is proper japanese so can't say. – oldergod Jun 24 at 17:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.