I've been struggling to identify this Kanji for 30 minutes now. Tried looking up radicals, stroke order, etc. but can't figure it out.

enter image description here

More context:

enter image description here

I used this website and noticed the left hand side looked like the child radical 子, then counted the strokes as 10 and found this 孫{まご}. Which has a kun-yomi that matches the furigana next to it as まご, the website lists the meaning as grandchild/descendent

Thank you for the answer, but more importantly, thank you for explaining your approach. I'll add this approach to my arsenal! – Brent Jun 6 at 2:40
    Excellent job explaining the process for looking it up! These skills are critical for new learners to develop. – Kaji Jun 6 at 2:44
  • This website is super helpful, though sometimes it does take a little playing around to identify exactly which radicals the kanji is classified with, and exactly how many strokes their are. Though usually one or two radicals is enough to lower the amount of possible kanji from thousands to tens – katatahito Jun 6 at 2:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.