I'm reading a japanese manga and the boy didn't want to get away from his senpai, he told senpai that and senpai thought was having a monologue "離れている間".

Thankyou for taking your time reading this.

This board isn't for translation requests. What do you think it might mean? Even a guess is fine! And what's the rest of the sentence for context? – mamster Jun 2 at 14:23
  • sorry about that, here's the rest of the text in the same bubble "離れている間 ずっと不安だったけどかくしてたのか" – Malditodan XD Jun 3 at 13:49

Probably that means 'While I'm away'.

Not 100% sure. You should give the whole sentence.

離れている間 is pronounced 'Hanareteiru aida'.

• sorry, here's the rest of the text in the bubble: "離れている間ずっと不安だったけどかくしてたのか" in google it translated as"Hanarete iru ma" but at the same time it was pronounced as "Hanareteiru aida" with the voice but I got confused – Malditodan XD Jun 3 at 13:52
  • yes, it was "While I was away" I thought it was "the moment of departure" but it wasn't thankyou! – Malditodan XD Jun 4 at 6:44
  • 'Hanarete iru ma' is obviously wrong. Leaning a language is always hard. Keep it up. It will pay off. – Taku Yoshi Jun 4 at 14:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.