In Pimsler 2 they use the and expression something like えくん to confirm someones actions. Can someone help me find this word in a dictionary, or tell me what form it comes from.

飛行機{ひこうき}で えくん ですね。
You are going by plane, right?


I strongly suspect you are mishearing いく as えく。Remember that sounds like the e at the beginning of edge, whereas is like the y in sleepy.

The word you want is 行く, which means to go (among other things). The is a contraction of , which you can read more about here, or many other places online with a quick Google search.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.