Good day all,

Thank you for reading my request. I am making a painting and want to make it so that it makes sense to Japanese people. I am very interested in Japanese culture but would not really know how to pronounce a sentence. I hope there is some way to make it readable, without losing the design too much :)

The artwork is supposed to say: World Peace, which I found online to be 世界平和

I hope that is correct. I have added an image of what I am planning to make. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you in advance!

WP

Welcome to JLSE! The phrase is correct, but I think you might get some confusion from some of the lines since you have changed one or two in ways that look like different characters. I don't know whether or not that is problematic in this case, so I deffer answering to someone who might know better.
    – ajsmart
    Apr 11, 2019 at 13:21
  • Also, I do not know whether or not this question will be considered off-topic, but I would suggest you read up about what is considered on and off topic (link included). You may want to consider editing your post to make it more on-topic. See: japanese.stackexchange.com/help/on-topic
    – ajsmart
    Apr 11, 2019 at 13:24
    As a minimum requirement, you should get rid of these vertical bits: i.stack.imgur.com/XxMEj.png - they will impede comprehension.
    – dROOOze
    Apr 11, 2019 at 14:16
    For 平, did you change the orientation of the oblique strokes on purpose? Apr 11, 2019 at 14:44
  • Also, I would consider writing the words in vertical columns, from top to bottom and then right to the left. I.e. starting at the right top corner, 世界平和 written clockwise.
    – jarmanso7
    Oct 14, 2019 at 21:51

1 Answer 1

WP

How about this? This may be easier to read.

• Getting rid of the extra lines helped readability, but this particular example requires more than just a moment to figure out which borders are part of the kanji and which aren't
    – Swimmer F
    Mar 13, 2020 at 6:57
  • Wouldn’t it be more proper to write it in columns?
    – lyudmilla
    Mar 13, 2020 at 14:21

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .