So I have recently have gotten into japanese and my close friend who is from japan is teaching me japenese, one of the sentence she wrote is this あなたわ友達ですか? which I sort of understand and I know is refering to me, but eventually I don't have the knowledge to put it all together yet, if anyone could help it would be nice

closed as off-topic by ajsmart, BJCUAI, istrasci, Blavius, l'électeur Feb 25 at 6:14

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – ajsmart, BJCUAI, istrasci, Blavius, l'électeur
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Well really I would be assuming he meant " Are you my friend?" or " you're my friend? " although the sentence should really be あなたは友達ですか and even that translation is a bit generic but yes that's what he must have meant. あなた (formal) you は topic marker particle ( not spelled わ ) 友達 friend です formal/polite particle basically meaning being etc か formal/polite question particle

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.