I get that どうか alone means something along the lines of "please", but what happens when you add じゃない as a suffix? I've seen this being used before but I can't quite place my finger on what it might mean.
The full sentence would be それでもやれるかどうかじゃない.

What was the preceding sentence? Is there any other context you can add? – snailboat Feb 11 at 17:17
  • @snailboat The full thing should be それでも やれるか どうかじゃない, though I'm not sure if it's connected myself, as I interpreted それでも やれるか to be a separate sentence..? – sanada Feb 11 at 17:40
    @sanada I believe that part is quite important and you might want to edit it to include it in the main question. – Ringil Feb 11 at 17:51
    The question is rather what does 'かどうか' mean? See the 'or not' bit in Aeon Akechi's answer, as well as (e.g.) japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/48492 – Mathieu Bouville Feb 11 at 19:04

それでもやれるかどうかじゃない = 'Even so, it's not about whether you can/are able to do it or not.'

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.