Is there a word for "hybrid" in Japanese? Hybrid as in for animals or any and all Japanese words for cross species animals or two animals joined together. Preferable if all words for such is given because i need the shortest possible word(one or two syllable word) for hybrid animals or cross species animals. But if all possible words are given it would help the most.

closed as off-topic by l'électeur, Ringil, Blavius, ajsmart, user3856370 Feb 1 at 18:45

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – l'électeur, Ringil, Blavius, ajsmart, user3856370
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I think the word you are looking for is 交雑種{こうざつしゅ} or 異種交配種{いしゅこうはいしゅ}. https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%BA%A4%E9%9B%91

• Don’t those words refer to the action of crossbreeding itself as opposed to the resulting type of animal? I think 雑種 (or maybe 交雑) is more on the mark... – Darius Jahandarie Feb 1 at 17:18
  • @Darius Jahandarie Thank you for teaching. – Yuuichi Tam Feb 1 at 17:26
  • The word i was looking for was 交差 Kousa. It's a two syllable word that i think represents genetic crossing?? as said by this website tanoshiijapanese.com/dictionary/… i'd love to get the validity of that. – The Hypocritical Emo Kid Feb 1 at 18:48

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.