The kanji 手 (not the radical) is very common and i found hundreds of vocbularies are containing it and i thought that its using as a component in words is to refer to ( hand, ability, skill or possession) but i found some words that have this kanji but its meaning isn't from this list so i wanna know all real uses of this kanji and example for each. Thanks.

手 【て】 Meanings list : hand, arm, forepaw, foreleg, handle, hand, worker, help, trouble, care, effort, means, way, trick, move, technique, workmanship, hand, handwriting, kind, type, sort, one's hands, one's possession, ability to cope, hand (of cards), direction, move (in go, shogi, etc.)

Examples for words containing 手 :

1- 手【て】がける to make, to do, to produce, to work on.

2- 逆手 【ぎゃくて】 underhand grip, backhand grip (e.g. in tennis), unexpected twist, turning the tables (on an opponent)

3- 担 【にな】い手 【て】 bearer, carrier, person bearing responsibility, person in charge.

Find more about :

1. Words starting with 手
  2. Words ending with 手
  3. Words containing 手

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.