I'd really appreciate an explanation for the use of 'が' in the children's story. I'm fact, it's used in almost every sentence. For example 'さるが, かきを食べました。' ' くりが,来ました。はちが,来ました。'

Here's the link to the story for those of you who don't mind checking it out (it's only 20 pages long with 3 or 4 words on every page).

https://nihongotokuhon.jimdo.com/レベル別読み物/レベル0/

And here a picture to maybe give some extra context.

enter image description here

Thanks in advance guys!

• Are you asking because don't know what が does (in which case a Google search will be beneficial) or are you asking because the story continues to use が even after the characters have been introduced? – user3856370 Jan 28 at 23:49
  • Yes, please clarify what you already know about this particle. Since you've correctly picked the right tag, you at least know it's something called a particle in Japanese, right? – naruto Jan 29 at 3:17
  • Hey guys, thanks for replying. Yeah, I've read the uses of some of the most common particles on Google, and I understand that が can be used to indicate the subject or indirect object (and some other uses), however, as User386 pointed, the story continues to use が , even when introducing new characters. Would it not be the same to say, for example, 'はちはきました' ? – Kaney Dudey Jan 29 at 10:56

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.