I was studying minna no nihongo 2 中級 and this sentence appeared in the middle of a text. I don't quite understand it. Just the general idea.

ロボコンによる教育は、生徒たちを精神的に成長させる人間教育としても注目されるようになった。

This "としても" confused me. What does this sentence mean?

closed as off-topic by user27280, l'électeur, Blavius, Dono, ajsmart Jan 29 at 15:17

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – user27280, l'électeur, Blavius, Dono, ajsmart
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Maybe you're thinking of としても as "even if~". Here you should think of it as として+も. 「Noun+として」 has several meanings and in your example it means "as~" or "in the role of~". も here means "also".

The basic structure of the sentence is...

「XXは、YYとしても注目されるようになった。」
"XX came to be noticed also as YY." / "XX came to draw attention as YY as well."

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.