Context: before a boxing match begins, a boxer named Kamishiro says this referring to his opponent:

勘だけど あのカックン野郎… 刺せるヤツだ

What is the meaning of カックン? The opponent was a thug in the past and he his obsessed with precisely cut hair, but none of these details seems to be relevant. The only similar expression I could find is 膝カックン, but I don't think it could fit the context.

Here you can see the page before and the page with the sentence in question. Thank you for your help!

I think this カックン means 角刈り{かくがり}(crew cut). The thug's hair is 角刈り. The speaker said カックン野郎 as a funny way of saying 角刈り野郎.

This is 角刈り.

enter image description here

+1 but it should be noted that カックン is not a common way of referring to this hairstyle. It's probably his own wording. – naruto Jan 22 at 1:16
    @Yuuichi thank you for your answer! Is this hair style usually associated with thugs like him? – Marco Jan 23 at 21:58
  • @Marco No. The hair style is often associated with macho man. – Yuuichi Tam Jan 24 at 6:51

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.