So we have the following situation. There is persons A, B and C. Long ago A and B were friends when according to A B suddenly betrayed her. Now A has been using C for a long while pretending to be a friend in her scheme to get at B. Also according to A, unlike in her case A has been dropping serious hints that she might have something nefaruous going on to C, who has willingly ignored the hints.

Now A is monologuing/talking to unconscious B:

悲しい物語は悲しいまま終わるし

救いの手なんて現れない

ずっと大好きで大切だった子にあっさり裏切られてすべてを失う

…どっちも味わっちゃうなんてね

B, あんたはあの時どんな気持ちだったの?

Rough TL:

Sad tale came to an equally sad end. No help materialized.

Lost everything by simply being betrayed by the girl that I liked and was precious (to me).

...I experienced both sides of it...as if.

B... What did you feel back then?

Now that bit どっちも味わっちゃう without なんてね works on it's own since A is now betraying C just as (according to A) B betrayed A. But according to a question here, and some other resources なんてね is used to basically say "As if I'd say that" or "Just kidding". I guess A could be saying that situations aren't the same because B never dropped hints to her in her case. Hence me adding that "as if" at the end.

It's just that I'm not sure about that. I feel taking the sentence straight (without) nantene kinda feels better, in which case maybe that nante is just some sort of emphasis. But as I said I'm not sure.

So which reading is more right? What is A trying to say there.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.