Could somebody please help me decipher the phrase above which I came across while reading 逃がした魚は大きかった。It’s about two people in relationship. I understand that the first sentence means something like “since they were not tied together through a big love, theirs wasn’t a blind love. But I cannot seem to really decipher the second sentence. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

closed as off-topic by l'électeur, Blavius, istrasci, Dono, ajsmart Dec 27 '18 at 23:15

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – l'électeur, Blavius, istrasci, Dono, ajsmart
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The literal translation of 先行するのは条件である is "What precedes is condition". This の is just もの or "thing". 条件 refers to what is required for a successful marriage (aside from love). Google with 結婚の条件 and you can find many articles about what people typically consider 条件. Especially in a context like this, I think 条件 mainly refers to more material and dry requirements such as income. Your understanding of the first sentence is fine.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.