Can anyone explain me what are the differences between Nounに感じる and Nounを感じる. I currently understand Nounを感じる as "To feel Noun", but I don't know what's Nounに感じる. For an example:

こんなにも近くに感じてる (It's from a song)

In your example, 近く is a noun that means a close place, and に indicates a point where the target of perception exists. So, it technically means that you feel something at a close place. However, it seems more like saying something feels close to you, which is the same as …を近く感じる, actually, assuming a cliche.

This structure, I mean, Xを Yに 感じる (or other verbs of perception) has another meaning, like others say. You can compare something to something else. e.g. それを問題に感じる: I find that it's a problem / I find it problematic

• Thanks a lot for the answers. May I ask you another question in the same topic ? I have known that the place where an action made uses で. Like 近くで感じる. Or is に usable too ? Thanks anyway ! – Kiw Dec 8 at 2:44
  • That's different. で indicates a place where the speaker stands. For example, when you are in your home and your lover is in a neiborhood, で indicates your home while に does the neighborhood. – user4092 Dec 8 at 3:57
  • Thank you very much. I was thinking about it whole day. May I ask for my sureness. Does it mean like “I feel X(を) as Y(に). 近くに感じてる means I feel something (that’s omitted in the sentence) to be near place. Thank you. – Kiw Dec 9 at 4:30
  • Yes............ – user4092 Dec 9 at 7:22
  • Thank very much. You really lit my Japanese !!! ありがとうございました。 – Kiw Dec 10 at 10:12

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.