There's a JP musician whose work I really love. He sells his songs for $2 apiece online. This is all well and good.

But a while ago, he uploaded an alternate version of one of his songs, and I've found I like it way more than the original. Problem is, he never put it up for sale (and also the quality is low.) So, I want to send him a message on Twitter and ask him if there's any way I can buy it in high quality.

The only thing I can think of is asking him if 買い方がありますか, but that really doesn't sound right at all.

I believe you intended to type 買い方がありますか, which sounds awkward but still understandable.

The way I would say it, if on Twitter, would be something along the lines of

この曲{きょく}を購入{こうにゅう}することはできますか?

This translates to "Can (I) buy this song?"

You can alternatively say

この曲{きょく}を買{か}うことはできますか?

which is the same thing but a little more informal in my opinion.

• Oh, you're right, that was a typo! I changed my original post to read 買い方. – opti Nov 23 '18 at 23:57
  • The OP is not asking for 'Can I buy this?' They simply made a sentence meaning that because they can't think of how to ask that. They want 'How can I buy this?' どうしたら買えるんですか, I think. – Aeon Akechi Nov 24 '18 at 9:05
    @AeonAkechi I understood "[is there] any way I can buy this" as "is it possible to buy this" , but your way also makes sense. – Zimonze Nov 25 '18 at 4:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.