Now actually I already wrote both of these lines as so:

カナダは私の家族が一番遠い場所でした。

and

マクドナルドは私の場所一番好きです。

I want to say Canada is the furthest my family has traveled and McDonalds is my favorite place.

The thing is, I'm being told that the structure of these two sentences is incorrect, but I'm having trouble finding out what is incorrect about these, I was wondering if anyone here knows what the more "correct" way to say these two sentences in Japanese.

• your first sentence is missing a verb, first of all... the way it's written it sounds like "As for Canada, my family was the furthest place." Your second sentence sounds like "McDonald's is my place favorite." I need to get out the door now or I would help more, sorry. – ericfromabeno Nov 20 '18 at 22:00
  • Do you mean that McDonalds is your favorite place in general? Or McDonalds was your favorite place when you and your family went to Canada? – kabichan Nov 20 '18 at 23:18
  • I just mean in general, but for some reason one of my assistants is telling me that the 私の場所一番好き - part isn't correct. – Li Wang Nov 20 '18 at 23:31
  • 私の一番好きな場所, not 私の場所一番好き/ – Aeon Akechi Nov 21 '18 at 0:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.