Aが出たとし、B。 (This is what the speaker is telling to another person on the phone)

Where A is an event that already happend (let's say an accident), and B means something like "I'll send you more info on that"

is とし the continuative form of とする, or is it と + し. Also I found this: what is the meaning of a た形の動詞 + とする but I'm don't know how to apply that to my sentence

• What do you mean by "と + し"? I can think of only one possible interpretation, but it's usually a fairly literary expression that's rarely used over the phone. Could you share the full sentence? – naruto Oct 22 '18 at 4:16
  • that とし part is not part of what the speaker is saying over the phone. It was added as part of the indirect speech – Jon Oct 22 '18 at 4:24
  • とする has many meanings and it's very hard to answer this if you keep hiding the remaining parts of the sentence. But if you're sure Aが出た is part of an indirect speech, this may be related. – naruto Oct 22 '18 at 4:37

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.