I just started learning Japanese and I recently learned something like:

このかめらと、あのらじおをください。
(Please give me this camera and that radio.)

Note that I have not learned Katakana yet so sorry for the Hiragana up there.

So, what if I want three or more objects at the same distance. For example, I want the camera, TV and the radio that is right in front of me.

Can I say something like:

このかめら、てれびと、らじおをください。

To omit some "and (と)"?

Thanks in advance!

• Related: japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/34183/… & japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/17732/…. In casual condition "や" is used more often and other "と" replaced with just comma. – Tetsuya Yamamoto Oct 17 '18 at 0:56
    ^ In casual condition "や" is used more often and other "と" replaced with just comma -- 電気屋で買い物するとき「このカメラテレビ(を)ください」「このカメラテレビラジオ(を)ください。」「このカメラ、テレビ、ラジオ(を)ください」って言わないでしょ。(あと、電気屋で話すときコンマ見えないでしょ) – Chocolate Oct 17 '18 at 1:11

この[カメラ]{かめら}[テレビ]{てれび}[ラジオ]{らじお}(を)ください。

would sound okay when talking to a store clerk while shopping.

「AとBとC」 sounds a tiny bit more casual/conversational than 「A、BとC」「A、B、C」. You can say/write...

[趣味]{しゅみ}は[ピアノ]{ぴあの}、[読書]{どくしょ}と[映画鑑賞]{えいがかんしょう}です。
My hobbies are playing piano, reading, and watching movies.
[首相]{しゅしょう}は、[スペイン]{すぺいん}、[フランス]{ふらんす}、[ベルギー]{べるぎー}を[訪問]{ほうもん}する[予定]{よてい}。
Prime Minister is visiting Spain, France, and Belgium.

(You can also use 「A、BそしてC」「A、B[及]{およ}びC」 etc. which sound more formal.)

• NHK news also seems to enjoy the pattern AとB、C. – user3856370 Oct 17 '18 at 7:32

you can use と repeatedly, but it's a bit clumsy.... in your example, better to use も (too) I think.... but like all Japanese, there are various ways... this might help: Difference between と・や and も for lists?

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.