This question already has an answer here:

Context: from ep 3 of Death Note L suspects Kira might be a student, based on the time of death of the victims, so Kira starts killing criminals each one every hour so as to prove that he is not a student.

This is from a blog:

キラがすぐにこのような「1時間置きの連続殺人」を実行しているこ とから、やはり当初の『キラが学生である』との推測が当たっていると判断す るのが自然なのですが、 なぜか現時点ではLはそのように考えている節はありませんでしたね 。もっとも、あらゆる固定概念を捨て去るべきであるとL自身も言って いましたから、今回の事件だけでは彼は断定しないのでしょうけど。

To me this paragraph means:

From the fact that Kira is killing criminals every hour guessing that "kira is a student" is still natural but, somehow it's not unusual L thinks like that(?)(なぜか現時点ではL はそのように考えている節はありませんでしたね。(That's the sentence I can't understand))

And I don't know how is that related to this part:

もっとも、あらゆる固定概念を捨て去るべきであるとL自身も言って いましたから、今回の事件だけでは彼は断定しないのでしょうけど。 At most(?), because L said that we should get rid of all preconceived thoughts/ stereotypes, L didn't arrive at a conclusion as for the present case(?)

Is the author criticizing L in this paragraph or just stating some incongruencies?

marked as duplicate by naruto meaning Oct 11 '18 at 23:41

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

• "It did not appear to me that L was thinking like that at this point." – naruto Oct 11 '18 at 23:42