This is from a blog about Death Note

L及び警察側の状況整理という感じの情報が出されていきます。

From episode 2, the context is a reunion were the police and L are reviewing information about the kira case and one officer is reading tip offs.

I'm trying to interpret this and I have something like:

there's the information of [a sense of the police and L making plans] that is going to be taken out (exposed in the reunion).

感じ literally means "feeling" of "sense", but this ~という感じの is just an informal way to avoid assertive tone, so it's like "kinda looks (to me) like ~", "along the lines of ~", "that might be called a ~", etc. In this case, it implies 状況整理 is the reviewer's own wording, i.e., no one in the anime actually said 状況整理.

• 状況整理: organization/summarizing/review of the current situation (of Kira's case)
  • L及び警察側の状況整理: review of the situation seen from the L and police's side
  • L及び警察側の状況整理という感じの情報: information that kind of looks like a review of the current situation seen from the L and police's side

See also:

Let's start piece by piece:

L及び警察側 = L and the police

状況整理 = assessing the situation

L及び警察側の状況整理 = L and police assessing the situation

L及び警察側の状況整理という感じ = The feeling of "L and the police assessing the situation"

L及び警察側の状況整理という感じの情報 = The information of the feeling of "L and the police assessing the situation"

L及び警察側の状況整理という感じの情報が出されていきます。 = The information of the feeling of "L and the police assessing the situation" is shown

To put it into more natural English, the show portrays the feeling that L and the police are assessing the situation.

According to the dictionary 感じ can be translates as "sensation", "feeling", "impression".
https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/word/en/感じ/#je-14554

So the translation becomes:
状況整理という感じの情報
An information that indicates like they are assessing the situation.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.