I'm looking for example situations of when to use each level of politeness. I know they all are the same but when situational wise to use each one is where I am having confusion. Thank you.
In terms of situational usage, it partially depends on how one wishes to present themselves.
That said, the way I've used these forms is as follows:
- Formal writing, such as a report or documentation
- Formal writings in combination with
のでwhen giving an explanation.
- Formal writings with longer sentences in place of
ではありません(both between phrases and at the end of the compound sentence).
- Formal conversation, such as during an interview.
- Casual conversation with friends and / or casual writing such as text messages