I'm trying to translate these two sentences:

Question: "D-BOYSで仲良いのはやっぱり、あらやんですか?"
Answer: "ベタだけどやっぱり仲間が1番しっくりくるかな。"

Is it OK to translate them like this?

Q: Among the D-BOYS, the person closer to you is Arayan, after all?
A: It's a cliché but I guess all my friends are the best match for me.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you very much!!

closed as off-topic by Flaw Sep 19 '18 at 7:56

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – Flaw
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• "Best match" sounds a lot more like a romantic dating situation. To say that one's 仲間 are しっくりくる-ing, a more natural English expression might be to say that they are close with their friends, or in a slangier tone, one is tight with their friends. – Eiríkr Útlendi Sep 18 '18 at 16:01

ベタだけどやっぱり仲間が1番しっくりくるかな。

• This ベタだ implies "(What I am saying from now is) unsurprising / uninteresting". He said this because he felt his answer might be disappointing to the interviewer and his fans.
  • 仲間がしっくりくる in this context (probably) means "I'm (most) comfortable if I call him a 仲間" or "the most fitting word to describe Arayan is 仲間".

So, instead of directly saying "Yes" or "No", I think he said the relationship with Arayan is best described as 仲間 rather than 友達. That is, he euphemistically denied Arayan is his personal 仲良し.

(I said probably because his reply might be interpreted in a different way depending on the following sentence. Is that all he said as the ansewr?)

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.