This might be computer science related question.

I am manipulating Japanese data and in some Japanese words, there are English words and Numbers are in.

SYSKEN, 松井ケ丘3, コメリH&G, 篠路7-1 are the examples.

I see spacing between 'special characters', which are not Japanese/Kanji. I am trying to find convert them to normal(I guess it does not look normal to Japanese) English like "SYSKEN, 松井ケ丘3, コメリH&G, 篠路7-1" but I cannot start to where.

What those fonts? or spacing rules are called in Japan or world wide?

Please guide me to solve my assginments :(

closed as off-topic by istrasci, virmaior, Blavius, Dono, ajsmart Sep 14 '18 at 13:31

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking resources or advice about learning Japanese are off-topic here, but you may find our list of resources for learning Japanese helpful." – istrasci, virmaior, Blavius, Dono, ajsmart
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


halfwidth / fullwidth forms this is the keyword and a starting point.

Sorry for bothering


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.