I'm currently viewing a bunch of tweets about Typhoon Jebi in Kansai, and I'm seeing a lot of people writing 気を[っ]{L}けて specifically with a small っ.

• Is this just some type of stylization? If so, what kind (internet; young people slang; danger emphasis; etc.)?
  • Or is this the case of some special usage like I talk about in this question about 障がい者?
  • Could you give us some links to these tweets? – Breton Loïc Sep 4 '18 at 22:23
    Is this not a typo? It surely seems to me like it's a typo, the kind where the small and normal-size つ don't look very different in size and the user inadvertently chose the wrong one... – psosuna Sep 5 '18 at 0:09
  • Upon reinspecting them in different browsers, it looks like it may just be a font rendering issue. If anyone can answer confirming that there is no such stylization or special usage, I'll close this. – istrasci Sep 5 '18 at 0:13
    There is such a stylization method (see this, this and this), but it's something that caught on a decade ago... – naruto Sep 5 '18 at 2:49
  • @naruto, can you elaborate on that comment in an answer? – istrasci Sep 5 '18 at 19:20

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.