So it’s kind of hard to explain, but I’d like to know how to say something along the lines of ‘in these parts, (noun) is (adjective)’. ‘Parts’ of course referring to an area or place where the speaker is located.

Thanks!

closed as off-topic by istrasci, Dono, ajsmart, Blavius, Earthliŋ Sep 8 '18 at 9:52

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – istrasci, Dono, ajsmart, Blavius, Earthliŋ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Do you mean you want to say something like "around here" as in "Walking at night is dangerous around here"? – naruto Sep 4 '18 at 9:38
    By "an area or place" I picture a geographical region. Is this what you have in mind? I think it would be helpful if you gave a particular example (or more than one), not just a formulaic one — especially considering that not all users of the site are native speakers of English. Also, how would you say this in Japanese in your own words (even if you feel your translation doesn't quite hit the mark)? – Earthliŋ Sep 4 '18 at 9:38

この辺 means "around here," so I think you could say

この辺で人が優しいです
around here, people are kind/gentle

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.