What would be the correct way to say "restoration of a broken relationship"? 関係 seems a bit sterile in the line of this poem I'm writing. 関係 feels like I'm referring to the connection between two inanimate objects. Is there an alternately preferred verbiage for parent-child, spouses, lovers, or dating relationships?

  • Hi. How about 絆{きずな} instead of 関係{かんけい}?
    – DXV
    Aug 27, 2018 at 0:53

1 Answer 1


関係 safely refers to a relationship between two people as well as two inanimate things. It's perfectly fine to say 壊れた関係の修復 in daily writings. But if you want a more colorful word, 繋がり and 絆 ("bond") may be considered. よりを戻す is a common idiom but it's usable only in contexts related to romance.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.