This question already has an answer here:
- Meaning and transitivity of ゴミ袋を手に立ち上がる 2 answers
- Two を in a single sentence - how to understand it? 1 answer
- What about these particles 1 answer
- を before a noun? 1 answer
- About を in 再稼働をてこに収益改善 1 answer
I found this example sentence in some core flashcards, and the translation says
He gave up the company presidency due to age. Which makes sense to me, but I don't understand the purpose of the first を.
It seems to be indicating what the reason or cause for quitting is, but then why is 理由に there if を is already showing the reason?