The title pretty much explains itself, here is an example: Nio from Akuma no Riddle, the whole thing has been bugging me for awhile, thanks in advance.

Are you thinking of っす? japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/36/… – Janusz ヤヌシュ Aug 1 at 23:56
    Can't watch the video, but if it's っす (as in そうっすね instead of そうですね) it's not a dialect, just a personal "style" of the speaker. There are countless other "styles" a person can use other than っす, e.g. でげす (which was used by men around the end of the Edo Period to early Meiji Period but sometimes used nowadays by manga/anime characters), でちゅ, which is like baby talk in Japanese, ってばよ, which is Naruto's style, and so on... – DXV Aug 2 at 0:35
    @Chcr yes exactly, it's this っす. In the original manga it's written as っス or ッス btw – NoxArt Aug 2 at 6:47
    @Chcr so it was like a style, that may explain why I wasnt able to find anything related to it while searching for a dialect form, thanks to clarify and thanks for the answers. – Whisperv1 Aug 3 at 21:32
    @Chcr maybe you can post it as an answer so this can be resolved? – NoxArt Aug 10 at 17:25

Can't watch the video, but if it's っす (as in そうっすね instead of そうですね) it's not a dialect, just a personal "style" of the speaker. There are countless other "styles" a person can use other than っす, e.g. でげす (which was used by men around the end of the Edo Period to early Meiji Period but sometimes used nowadays by manga/anime characters), でちゅ, which is like baby talk in Japanese, ってばよ, which is Naruto's style, and so on...

Edit: Just watched the video and I confirm that my answer above is correct. The female character said:

高級{こうきゅう}食材{しょくざい}ばっかで美味{うま}そうっす

It's just her speaking style, which has the same meaning as:

高級{こうきゅう}食材{しょくざい}ばっかで美味{うま}そうです

Your Answer

discard

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.