This question already has an answer here:

Does anybody know why - historically, etymologically or logically - one can use polite forms (e.g. -ます) in causal subordinate clauses before から, while one must use the plain form before ので?

marked as duplicate by Chocolate, macraf, ajsmart, l'électeur, Dono Jul 24 '18 at 23:59

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

• Why do you think that you can't use that combination...? (in short, yes you can) – bjorn Jul 24 '18 at 8:33
  • ^ こういうの があるからかな・・・ ここにも。。 「この会議は大切なので、良子さんは丁寧な人ので、良子さんを持って行ってください。」だって~・・ふえええ – Chocolate Jul 24 '18 at 9:08

As you can see in the linked post, and Chocolate and Bjorn's comment - you totally can use ので and から after the ~ます form of a verb.

When I lived in Japan I heard people say, 行きますから and 行きますので

If you want to know the difference, you can check out This website ~ Kara vs Node, it does a great job of explaining. But a basic difference is that から is less formal than ので.

• That is so weird: my textbook says that ので should always be preceded by the plain form…. Whereas it gives both options for から. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up! – Pregunto Jul 25 '18 at 9:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.