I have been wondering about this for quite some time. Let's say you are having an argument with someone. Perhaps it goes something like this,

A: If we do things your way, we are going to have problems! It's not going to work

B: No, I'm absolutely right. I'm going to do it my way. No matter what you say.

At which point A realizes it is fruitless to fight B anymore, gives up and says

A: Fine, don't (listen to me/do what I say/listen to sound advice)! And don't come crying to me when it blows up in your face.

My question, is how would you say, "Fine, don't listen to me!" Clearly A doesn't actually want B to listen to him. so I feel that だったら、僕に聞かないでくれ doesn't really work. Maybe more like 聞かないでごらん?

Another time I've wanted to say this is when I call someone to let them know something important, and they don't pick up the phone. At which point I sarcastically say, "Ok fine, don't pick up the phone. I guess I won't tell you the important news..."

Not an answer, but in those situations I have been known to say: 別にあんたのため電話してるんじゃないけどね。 It's really rude, so I wouldn't use it in front of anyone that is a mutual friend. – ajsmart Jul 18 '18 at 14:43

Fine, don't (listen to me/do what I say/listen to sound advice)! And don't come crying to me when it blows up in your face.

I would say something like...

あっそ!じゃ{[勝手]{かって}に / 好きに / 好きなように}すれば![後]{あと}で{[泣]{な}きついたって / 泣きついてきたって}[知]{し}らないからね!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.