I believe that it must be some word play here, but what does it really mean? What is 広がる広げる?

Edit: この文は漢字教材で出会いました。特別なコラムみたいなものです。普通の音読みと訓読みなどの学習ではなく、音の濁りや形声文字について紹介しています。

• Where did you come across this? Context is often invaluable. – Earthliŋ Jul 18 '18 at 12:13

Is this the title of a book, article, lecture or such? This phrase is not really a wordplay. It's just 広がる漢字の知識 ("expanding knowledge of kanji"; 広がる is intransitive) and 広げる漢字の知識 ("knowledge of kanji you expand"; 広げる is transitive) said together. Technically, it's an example of right-node raising.

• Thanks naruto sensei. It's from a Japanese kanji learning book. It is a page about special tips and 'did you know' like style of information. – JoisBack Jul 18 '18 at 13:44

We use "知識を広げる" when I want to say "understand deeply/well".

at first, the knowledge(知識) is a point.

when you learn deeply, its gonna be spread.

and this time there is two words "広げる and 広がる".

by read/watch this book/movie(I guess its title of a book/movie for learning something), spread your knowledge by yourself(広げる=transitive verb), and, your knowledge is gonna be spread Naturally (intransitive verb).

so, the words 広げる広がる want to say "you can get really good effect by read/watch it".

we use such expression for advertising slogan only, we seldom use it for daily talk.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.