I found here the definition of 春闘 as the annual spring wage bargaining round; the annual spring labor offensive. And upon searching my electronic dictionary 集約 means intensive.

Can I assume that this phrase pertains to an action from a Japanese Labor Union discussing wage improvements for the union participants?

Is it limited to just wage or does this include all benefits of the employee?

• What kind of electronic dictionary are you using? 「集約」 does not mean "intensive". It is 「集約的」 that does. – l'électeur Jun 21 '18 at 13:59
  • 「集約」is used as a kind of suffix that means -intensive, e.g. 資本集約 = capital-intensive, but judging from the poster here I don't think that's what it means in this case...it seems like it means the collective bargaining effort of an aggregation of labour unions, but I could be wrong. – droooze Jun 21 '18 at 14:16
  • @l'electeur my bad, your correct. I'm using an Ex-Word Data plus4. 「集約」means put together not intensive. – Karen88 Jun 21 '18 at 23:08

春闘 is the salary's discussion of blue-collar worker.

"春闘が集約しつつある" is correct sentence.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.