I am trying to make a skit with a group and this is what they have decided they want the beginning to be.

We are very new to Japanese, taking a compressed class this summer and are having trouble composing the sentences correctly.

Would anyone mind checking it out and see how we did in our translations?

The things in bold I am particularly concerned about.

N trips

N: いたい

A: だいじょぶですか。

B: びょういんのでんわをかけますか。 Do you need me to call an ambulance?

N: いいえ、びょういんのでんわをかけません。だいじょうぶです。No I don't need an ambulance. I'm fine.

N: ええと、はじめましたキリスですよろしくおねがいします。

A: リチですこれわジエイソンくんです。私のともだちです。I am Rich. This is (my friend) Jason. This doesn't even say what i want. I believe it says, "I am Rich, this is Jason. At the very least I think the last line should be 私はジエイソンくんのともだちです。

B:ともだちじゃないです。

A:eeh?

B:じょだんです。 ごしゅっしんは I am joking, where do you come from?  I would like this to be more natural like i am obviously joking perhaps じょだんです,じょだんです?

N:カナダです。

A/B: そですね。

• ask for tl check on hinative or Lang9 – Igor Skochinsky Jun 9 '18 at 23:11

ええと、はじめましたキリスですよろしくおねがいします。

Suggestion: ええと、はじめまして。キリスです。よろしくおねがいします。

A:リチですこれわジエイソンくんです。私のともだちです。

This would mean, "I'm Rich. This is Jason. He is my friend."

Don't use "kore" for a person, use "kochira". Also, beware of わ. は is the correct hiragana for "wa" particle usage.

"私はジエイソンくんのともだちです" would mean, "I am Jason's friend."

Suggestion: "My name is Rich. This is my friend Jason."
わたしのなまえはリチです。こちらはわたしのともだち、ジェイソンです。

B:じょだんです。 ごしゅっしんは

Suggestion: じょうだんだよ。ごしゅっしんは?

This still sounds unnatural to me to have these two right next to each other. I fixed the hiragana spelling of joudan and changed it to "da yo". If you two are friends you should use the casual copula and "yo" for emphasis.

N:カナダです。

Suggestion: カナダからきました。(I came from Canada.) 

A/B: そですね。

Suggestion: そうですか。

Sou desu ne implies that you already knew he came from Canada, and you are agreeing with them.

Sou desu ka means that you didn't know before, "Is that so?"

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.