The sentence in question: 園では、子どもたちにおんぶに慣れてもらうために、人形を使ったおんぶを取り入れて子どもたちがおんぶになじめるように工夫しています。

For full context: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/web_tokushu/2018_0521.html?utm_int=news_contents_tokushu_004

My attempt at translation: "In the garden, so that the children get used to piggybackriding, adopting a piggybackride which used dolls, they are figuring out so that the children become familiar with piggybackride."

My translation of 人形を使ったおんぶ doesnt make much sense in my opinion, but maybe Im just lacking the creativity to make sense of it ^^ Im also a bit confused about the fact that I translated "so that children get used to piggybackriding" two times basically. But I may have misinterpreted ように, I didnt feel very certain about the way I interpreted it.

Yes, you are lacking imagination. What else would you use to have kids practice giving piggyback rides? Real babies? – l'électeur May 31 '18 at 10:56
  • Ahh, so kids are giving babies piggybackrides here? Sry I didn't see that ^^ I always thought it was only the nurses who did. – Narktor May 31 '18 at 11:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.