When I write こ and ご I tend to write them with a straight line at the top instead of with a tail like how it's supposed to be written. I kind of have trouble writing it the proper way without making it look unbalanced. Is my way of writing them still somewhat correct and distinguishable from other hiragana?

enter image description here

• I think it's fine, it's just your style. Just make sure you know the correct way and stroke order specially for kanjis. – Omae wa mou shindeiru May 28 '18 at 21:53

These are at least readable and distinguishable. Actually, some Japanese fonts have こ/ご similar to yours (i.e., no hook at the top right):

Sample from 源ノ角ゴシック

Still, it's not a preferred way of handwriting こ/ご. Fonts for printing do not always reflect how you should actually handwrite characters. Your こ looks somewhat childish or comical to me. I basically recommend you practice the proper way.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.