This question already has an answer here:

I used Google Translate to say "I'm not Korean."

I expected something like:

私は韓国人はない

However, I got this:

私は韓国人ではない

Why is the で used in this situation?

marked as duplicate by Chocolate grammar May 20 '18 at 0:49

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

'to be (a thing)' is a bit of an odd complex verb thing, involving both で and ある. Your first sentence, lacking で, simply means 'I have no (inanimate) Koreans'. The negative is, a bit unusually, ではない in most cases rather than just でない, but the で cannot be omitted - it's part of the verb である(~だ), and without it, all you have is ある (which is only 'for an inanimate thing to exist or be located').

If you mean you expected "I'm not Korean." to be written 私は韓国人はない, then it seems you forgot that it's not は, but じゃ.

私は韓国人じゃない。

There are several ways of writing this simple negative statement, of varying degrees of politeness/formality.

じゃない。
じゃありません。
ではない。
ではありません。

Someone with a better grasp of grammar can probably tell you what function で plays in this construction...

Actually I found a previous Q&A that applies and goes into slightly more detail in the link below:

What does では mean in this sentence?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.