I have to give speeches for a group of 5th grade students and their parents that thanks the schools and cities for hosting us and showing us around. since i am the only parent that somewhat knows Japanese(the children all speak it) I have to give a speech introducing the group and thanking the school or city for hosting us.

I know jikoshokai and presentations both have specific language. does a speech like this have any?

Are there any set phrases that should be in this speech beyond the general みなさん,初めまして at the beginning and 大変(たいへん)お世話(せわ)になりました。色々とどうもありがとうございました。どうぞよろしくお願いします。 at the end of the speech?

We will also be presenting a gift to the staff, should that be done separately, or should this be done during the speech?

thank you!

closed as too broad by l'électeur, Dono, macraf, user3856370, Blavius Jun 10 '18 at 18:18

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You'd say 「みなさん、初めまして」「どうぞよろしくお願いします」 when you first meet them / before they host you, and 「大変お世話になりました。色々とどうもありがとうございました。」 when you say good-bye to them / after they host you – Chocolate May 19 '18 at 1:57