I need help with my Japanese intonation. I'm getting better at pronouncing words at word level, but I'm having trouble with pronouncing particles. I have not found a single article talking about this as of yet. What I've discovered so far, most particles have a high intonation like は, が, に, etc., but there's some particles with a low intonation like の and を. Is there a guide for this? Thanks!

• If you focus on listening to Japanese conversations as you go along with your studies, and if you are able to understand how the Japanese language expresses ideas, you will start to pick up the pitch used to express and be able to use them naturally. A piece of advice : I would probably focus more on the grammar first and fluency rather than the pronounciation. There's no need to worry about this. – Dekiru May 17 '18 at 16:49
  • I mean, I've been living in Japan for about a year now, and so far none of my teachers or friends have been able to explain it, so I thought I might have had a chance here. I just wanted to know if there's some kind of intonation rule, or if some particles just are pronounced differently – Shuu Satou May 18 '18 at 6:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.