I am having trouble in using or interpreting a sentence that uses the japanese grammatical term 'you ni". Please don't confuse it with other grammatical structures such as 'no you ni" or "you'. This is quite confusing for me due to the fact that "you ni",based on my searches, means "so that" or something similar to it,but i listen to a sentence that uses "you ni" but i believe that the meaning "so that" doesn't fit properly.Thanks for your help!
closed as unclear what you're asking by Chocolate♦ Nov 18 '18 at 14:17
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
I'm going to take a stab at this. Hopefully, this will be very informative.
I think the term you're referring to has this as a Chinese character: 様. In fact, you might want to look at this Wiktionary page.
As a na-adjective, 様/よう has two definitions:
be like, look like, seem like, as if, having the likeness of.
I hope, I pray, may. (written as ように at the end of the sentence).
Here are the conjugations of 様な/ような:
- The imperfective stem form is 様だろ/ようだろ.
- The continuative stem form is 様で/ようで.
- The terminal stem form is 様だ/ようだ.
- The attributive stem form is 様な/ような.
- The hypothetical stem form is 様なら/ようなら.
- The imperative stem form is 様であれ/ようであれ.
- The informal negative construction is 様ではない/ようではない. A variant is 様じゃない/ようじゃない.
- The informal past construction is 様だった/ようだった.
- The informal negative past construction is 様ではなかった/ようではなかった. A variant is 様じゃなかった/ようじゃなかった.
- The formal construction is 様です/ようです.
- The formal negative construction is 様ではありません/ようではありません. A variant is 様じゃありません/ようじゃありません.
- The formal past construction is 様でした/ようでした.
- The formal negative past construction is 様ではありませんでした/ようではありませんでした. A variant is 様じゃありませんでした/ようじゃありませんでした.
- The conjunctive construction is 様で/ようで.
- The conditional construction is 様なら（ば）/ようなら（ば）.
- The provisional construction is 様だったら/ようだったら.
- The volitional construction is 様だろう/ようだろう.
- The adverbial construction is 様に/ように.
- The degree construction is 様さ/ようさ.