So recently I've been interested in quotes from the Japanese version of LoL. Blitzcrank's quote is "起動完了、しつどう可能"

The English version is "fired up and ready to serve"

https://youtu.be/kZ5LyBQAT0E?t=28

Firstly, I understand 'kanou' means possible or feasible and usually states that something is available for something to be done to it such as 購入可能 meaning now available for purchase. But the usage in this case has confused me a bit. Can it mean 'ready' as well.

Secondly, i can't find the meaning of shitsudou anywhere, (have i herd it wrong?).

Or have i completely misunderstood the meaning of the second half of the quote?

I think you probably mean 出動 (しつどう, to dispatch etc.)? – Collapsed PLUG May 5 '18 at 4:55
  • ah ok that makes sense. Thanks. question can be closed. idk how. – I dunno what to call myself May 5 '18 at 4:58
  • I don't think you should close it because your second question is still valid :) – Collapsed PLUG May 5 '18 at 5:05

have i herd it wrong

I think they probably meant 出動(しつどう Shu-tu-do-u) rather than しつどう.

Can it mean 'ready' as well

It doesn't necessarily mean 'ready' according to several dictionaries, but it does make sense.

If I were to translate that sentence and told to preserve the word 'ready,' I would say

起動完了、出動 準備完了

which uses words that translates to 'ready.'

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.