We all know that kanji is one of the biggest milestones when trying to learn Japanese. My question is, what is the best way you have found to learn new kanji and their various readings as a relatively new learner.

Textbooks like "Genki" show one reading of each character at a time. I have found this makes it difficult when you come across a word containing a different reading.

Is it better to learn different words containing the same kanji but different readings?

closed as primarily opinion-based by l'électeur, Dono, Flaw May 2 '18 at 3:19

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Imho, there are many different ways of learning Kanji, just like the same as learning hiragana; for example, the letter な in my eyes looks like a nun kneeling before a cross, and nun sounds like na so な = na. You can use whatever style you want, but try to keep a routine and pace yourself; for instance, learn a new Kanji everyday or write down five pages of the same Kanji every week, it's up to you. But make sure to continue doing just that until you feel confident that you remember it and that you pretty much always will. – Feeds May 2 '18 at 3:50