So I was reading stuff on the official website of the anime 僕のヒーローアカデミア and stumbled upon this handwritten message from the original manga's author.

enter image description here

I cannot read the encircled part because I do not recognize the first character at all, and the second one I think is 係 but I'm not sure, either. If I'm right about the second character, and if I squint hard enough, I can see it as 関係, but am I right? Am I even close?

If needed, the full image is in http://heroaca.com/special.html, at the very bottom of the page where the "Special Message" can be accessed.

I don't often see/read handwritten Japanese so I am not used to this. Thanks!

Your guess is right; this simplification is called ryakuji. See this and this – droooze Apr 26 '18 at 13:05
  • @droooze Thank you for the links. These were interesting reads. – yushi Apr 26 '18 at 13:14

Indeed, it reads 「アニメ関係{かんけい}の皆様{みなさま}」 ("To all parties involved in animation").

In handwriting, the "simplified" form of the radical 「門」 (called 門構{もんがま}え)  shown below is quite often used particularly, but not exclusively, by adults.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.